1865 - 1885
Terraced three-bay two-storey over basement house, built c.1875 as part of a relatively uniform but non identical row of thirteen, constructed in stages from c.1870. The asymmetrical front elevation shares a projecting full-height gabled bay with the neighbouring house to the east, with the combined properties forming a symmetrical 'palace front'. Extending from the bay is a relatively large, single-storey over basement porch. The façade is finished in unpainted lined render with vermiculated quoins, string courses, moulded surrounds to some of the openings, and a parapet with projecting bracketed eaves course. The gable of the shared bay is arranged as a pediment, with brackets similar to the eaves course, and a decorative moulding to the tympanum, whilst the porch has a decorative balustrade-like parapet and equally decorative moulded pilasters. The hipped roof, which is largely hidden behind the parapet, is covered in artificial slate and has shared rendered chimneystacks with pronounced corbelling. The entrance is to the south elevation of the porch and consists of a panelled timber door with sidelights, timber jambs with decorative brackets, and a plain semi-circular fanlight. It is reached via a flight of stone steps with balustrade and a square end pier. The windows are a mixture of flat and segmental-headed, and have one over one timber sash frames. Cast-iron rainwater goods. The building faces onto a street, but is separated from it by a relatively large garden, enclosed by a rendered wall with decorative cast-iron railings and gate.
Relatively grand, Victorian terraced house, which forms a part of one of Bray's most complete and most impressive 19th-century groupings.