1865 - 1885
End-of-terrace three-bay two-storey over basement house, built c.1875, as part of a relatively uniform but non identical row of thirteen, constructed in stages from c.1870. The building, which is now in use as two apartments, has a single-storey over basement porch projection to the west elevation, with the doorway to one of the apartments inserted to the north side of the porch itself. The façade is finished in unpainted lined render with moulded quoins, string courses, moulded surrounds to the openings, and a tall parapet with projecting bracketed eaves course. To the west elevation the parapet has a centrally positioned pediment, whilst the porch has moulded pilasters and a more decorative parapet punctuated with squat piers. The slated roof, which is largely hidden behind the parapet, is hipped and has rendered chimneystacks with pronounced corbelling. The entrance is to the south elevation of the porch and consists of a panelled timber door with sidelights, timber jambs with decorative brackets, and a plain semi-circular fanlight. It is reached via a flight of stone steps with decorative balustrades and panelled piers. The windows are a mixture of flat, segmental and semi-circular heads, but almost all have one over one timber sash frames. Some windows to the west elevation have decorative wrought-iron security 'grills'. Cast-iron rainwater goods. The building faces onto a street, but is separated from it by a relatively large garden to the front and west, enclosed by a rendered wall with decorative cast-iron railings and gate. To the west a carriage gateway has been inserted.
Grand, Victorian end-of-terrace residence, which forms a part of one of Bray's most complete and most impressive 19th-century groupings. Recent changes have been made, most notably the insertion of a doorway to the west elevation, but these have not seriously diminished the building's overall impact.