1860 - 1880
Three pairs of semi-detached three-bay single-storey over basement houses, built c.1870. The houses are finished in roughcast render. A flight of stone steps leads to the panelled front doors which have plain sidelights and fanlights and are set within segmental arch headed openings with moulded keystones and surround. Windows are flat-headed and have either two over two or six over six timber sash frames. The hipped roof are finished with natural and artificial slate and rainwater goods are a mixture of cast-iron and uPVC. Chimneystacks are rendered with slightly corbelled caps and squat clay pots. The houses face to the road and are slightly set back behind low walls with replacement wrought-iron gates.
This small group of houses is distinctive well preserved and has retained much of its original character. The single-storey over basement design takes advantage of the sloping site and adds considerable interest to the streetscape.