Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1870 - 1890
Detached three-bay two-storey house, built c.1880. The house is finished in render. The panelled front door is flanked with panelled pilasters with console brackets which support a projecting cornice with a plain fanlight; all is set within a segmental-arched opening with moulded surrounds. To either side is a canted single-storey bay with a hipped roof. Window openings are flat-headed to ground floor and segmental-arched to first, all with one over one timber sash frames. The pitched slated roof is finished with cast-iron rainwater goods. There is a projecting corbelled brick eaves course and a projecting string course between ground and first floor. The chimneystacks are brick and have corbelled caps and clay pots. The house faces the road and is slightly set back behind wrought-iron railings and gates.
Set within an area of historic character this well preserved house maintains the 19th-century feel of the streetscape.