1850 - 1870
Detached three-bay single-storey over basement former house, built c.1860. The building is now in use as a restaurant. The building is finished in render and the east front is framed by moulded pilasters. A short flight of steps rises to the uPVC replacement front door; this has a plain fanlight and is flanked by panelled pilasters with console brackets which support a projecting cornice. The door is set on a slightly projecting bay with split pediment. Windows are flat-headed with uPVC replacement frames and shouldered moulded surrounds; there is a decorative blocking course. The hipped roof is finished with artificial slate and uPVC rainwater goods. Tall rendered chimneystacks with corbelling and uniform clay pots. The building is set within a medium sized garden; it faces the road and is set on a slight rise behind a low rendered wall with square gate pillars with pyramidal caps and wrought-iron gates.
Despite the use of uPVC and artificial slate this delightful former house is otherwise in excellent condition and adds much variety to the promenade. It is in marked contrast to many of the adjacent tall houses.