1880 - 1885
Bray Town Hall
Detached three-bay two-storey former market house, built 1881-3. This is now in use as a restaurant. It replaced an earlier market house which was located at the north end of the town. The building is constructed in red brick with mock timber framing to projecting first floor bays and gables. The building is long and narrow with the taller front section facing into Main Street. The front entrance was open but is now filled with a replacement part glazed timber; the original wrought-iron gates are inscribed 1881. At ground floor to either long side are recessed glazed panels while at first floor windows are generally within projecting canted or square oriels which are finished with mock framing. The pitched roof is covered with rosemary tiles and the front section is surmounted by a tall copper-clad fleche complete with clock face. Rainwater goods are cast-iron. The gables to the north front are finished with bas-relief carvings of coats of arms. The building occupies a prominent position at the junction of Killarney Road, Vevay Road and Main Street.
Unusual domestic revival style former market house, which though now converted to a fast food restaurant, has maintained its original form and detailing.