1870 - 1890
Terrace comprised of four matching two-bay one and a half-storey houses, built c.1880. The house to the eastern end has a large, flat-roofed, two-storey rear extension of c.1985. The front elevation is in brown-coloured brick with red brick as dressings and string courses, and a stone base course, whilst the east elevation is in rubble stone with brick dressings, and the rear elevation largely finished in unpainted roughcast and render. The overhanging gable-ended pitched roof is slated and has decorative bargeboards, Velux windows and brick chimneystacks. The chimneystacks are not identical, those to the west somewhat plainer. The entrances have a mixture of timber and timber and glazed doorways, only one of which appears to be original. Over each entrance is a slated hood supported on decorative timber brackets. The windows are mainly segmental-headed with two over two timber sash, and replacement top-hung timber frames. The upper floor windows to the front are set within gabled half dormers. Granite sills. The rainwater goods are mainly cast-iron. The terrace fronts directly onto a narrow secluded lane.
Despite the addition of a large extension to the rear of the property to the east end, this terrace is still a generally well preserved and attractive grouping, its attractiveness enhanced by its secluded setting.