1860 - 1880
Terraced six-bay three-storey over basement pair of former houses, built c.1870, now amalgamated as an old peoples' home. The building is finished in lined and painted render. The raised ground floor is reached by a pair of sweeping stairs with wrought-iron railings; these rise to a shared entrance platform which serve both houses. Each door has semi-circular headed sidelights and is set within a semi-circular headed opening; these are framed with panelled pilasters which support the moulded archivolts. Window openings are flat-headed with one over one timber sash frames. To the first floor is a canted oriel window with a panelled base. The pitched roof is finished in slate with cast-iron rainwater goods; chimneystacks are rendered and have corbelled caps and clay pots. The houses are set back from the promenade behind wrought-iron railings.
This is now half of what was originally designed as two paired terraced houses. Somewhat austere but with much site presence this group make a valuable contribution to Bray's sea front. Despite many replacement windows this property has retained may original features.