Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1840 - 1860
Terraced two-bay three-storey house, built c.1850, now in use as shop and offices. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystack and carved modillions supporting gutter. Some cast-iron rainwater goods. Hipped slate roof to rear. Unpainted lined-and-ruled rendered walls with render quoins. Square-headed window openings with granite sills, having replacement windows. Recent shopfront to ground floor.
An imposing terrace with a continuous roofline, the simple modillions throughout its length providing a decorative element. Despite modern alterations, this is an important element of a significant terrace in the town. It and the adjoining end-of-terrace property (16003219) were used as a militia barracks c.1860-1882.