1845 - 1855
Terraced three-bay three-storey house, built c.1850, formerly used as police barracks, now in use as credit union. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystack and carved modillions supporting gutter. Some cast-iron rainwater goods. Lined-and-ruled rendered walls with granite quoins, some painted. Square-headed window openings with render surrounds and granite sills, having replacement windows. Replacement shopfront to ground floor.
An imposing building due to its height and scale, which would have made it appropriate for its use as RIC barracks. It forms part of a terrace with a continuous roofline, with simple modillions throughout the length providing a decorative element. Despite alterations to some shopfronts, the coherent and consistent fenestration scheme creates a pleasing whole.