1850 - 1860
Attached five-bay two-storey house, built c.1855, with projecting gabled two-storey entrance bay, annexe to rear, built c.1866, renovated c.1890, with shopfront extension added to ground floor. Now vacant. Pitched slate roof with terracotta ridge crestings, rendered end chimneystacks and cast-iron rainwater goods. Pitched slate roof with terracotta finial and decorative timber bargeboards to entrance bay. Lined-and-ruled rendered walls with render quoins. Square-headed window openings with moulded render surrounds and timber sliding sash windows with one-over-one panes. Square-headed door opening, with carved timber surround and timber panelled door with overlight, and granite steps. Lined-and-ruled rendered boundary wall with dressed granite copings and cast-iron railings. Shopfront extension has flat roof, render cornice, rendered walls, and modern timber shopfront with glazed door. Yard to rear with boundary wall having oeil-de-boeuf window with render label moulding.
A handsome domestic property in a primarily commercial area, notwithstanding the later shop addition. The ridge crestings, carved bargeboards and finial add interest to the roofline, while the applied render details enhance its formal properties.