Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Original Use


In Use As



1840 - 1860


331463, 194077

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Semi-detached three-bay two-storey over basement Victorian house, built c.1850, with full-height projecting gabled bay having canted timber framed oriel window to ground floor; coach house to south elevation, built c.1890. Now also in use as doctor’s surgery. Pitched slate roofs with rendered chimneystacks with clay chimney pots, timber bargeboards, and cast-iron rainwater goods. Lined-and-ruled rendered walls. Square-headed window openings having painted sills, with bipartite timber sliding sash windows, having six-over-six panes, with one-over-one panes flanked by two-over-two panes to oriel window, one-over-one panes above this, and four-over-four panes above entrance. Replacement window to coach house. Elliptical-headed door opening with timber panelled door flanked by doric columns, having petal fanlight above, approached by stone steps. Elliptical-headed opening to coach house. Cast- and wrought-iron pedestrian gate and matching railings on rendered plinth wall to site boundary.


With 16003118 a solid and notable early-Victorian pair of houses. The irregularly sized window panes are an interesting feature, with narrow panes forming a margin around larger ones. The retention of much fabric such as the windows, roof slates and railings gives a pleasing patina of age, and creates a textural contrast to the smooth render.