Categories of Special Interest
1906 - 1911
Detached single-bay (single-bay deep) single-storey gable-fronted lifeboat house or "life saving station", extant 1911, on a rectangular plan. Now disused. Pitched (gable-fronted) slate roof with clay ridge tiles, timber bargeboards to gables on timber purlins, and no rainwater goods surviving on timber boarded box eaves. Red brick Flemish bond walls. Square-headed opening with timber beam lintel framing timber boarded double doors. Square-headed window openings to side elevations with cut-granite sills, and timber lintels framing six-over-six timber sash windows having part exposed sash boxes. Set back from line of road on a corner site with red brick Flemish bond piers to perimeter having chamfered capping supporting flat iron double gates.
A lifeboat house or "life saving station" representing an integral component of the early twentieth-century built heritage of south County Wexford.