Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1900 - 1910
Freestanding single-bay two-stage lighthouse, commissioned 1906, on a circular plan. Sheet iron-covered battered walls in iron frame on braced or buttressed plinth with cast-iron spandrels supporting cantilevered walkway having cast-iron railings centred on cone-topped lantern. Square-headed door opening with rosette-detailed pedimented surround framing timber boarded door. Square-headed window openings with sheet iron-covered sills, and pedimented surrounds framing fixed-pane fittings. Set on mass concrete block battered pier.
A lighthouse erected by the Fishguard and Rosslare Railways and Harbours (FRRH) Company representing an important component of the early twentieth-century built heritage of south County Wexford.