Categories of Special Interest
1880 - 1890
Five-span railway viaduct over river, designed 1884; dated 1886; opened 1887. Closed, 1963. Now disused. Sited spanning River Barrow with unkempt banks to river.
A bridge erected to a design by John Chaloner Smith (1827-95), Chief Engineer to the Dublin, Wicklow and Wexford Railway (DWWR) Company (appointed 1871; retired 1894), identified as an integral component of the later nineteenth-century civil engineering heritage of south County Wexford on account of the connections with the development of the New Ross Branch of the Dublin, Wicklow and Wexford Railway (DWWR) line opened (1887) by the Dublin, Wicklow and Wexford Railway (DWWR) Company.