1842 - 1886
Attached three-bay two-storey part double-pile house, extant 1886, on an L-shaped plan. Pitched part double-pile (M-profile) slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks having corbelled stepped stringcourses below capping supporting yellow terracotta tapered pots, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered red brick header bond stepped eaves retaining cast-iron downpipe. Part creeper- or ivy-covered rendered, ruled and lined walls with rendered channelled piers to ends. Segmental-headed central door opening with three cut-granite steps supporting cast-iron bootscraper, timber doorcase with monolithic pilasters on padstones supporting "Cyma Recta"- or "Cyma Reversa"-detailed cornice on "Acanthus"-detailed fluted consoles, and moulded rendered surround framing timber panelled door having overlight. Square-headed window openings with cut-granite sills, and concealed dressings framing two-over-two timber sash windows. Interior including (ground floor): central hall retaining carved timber surrounds to door openings framing timber panelled doors; and carved timber surrounds to door openings to remainder framing timber panelled doors with carved timber surrounds to window openings framing timber panelled shutters. Street fronted with concrete footpath to front.
A house representing an important component of the mid nineteenth-century domestic built heritage of Enniscorthy with the architectural value of the composition confirmed by such attributes as the compact plan form centred on a Classically-detailed doorcase demonstrating good quality workmanship; and the diminishing in scale of the openings on each floor producing a graduated visual impression. Having been well maintained, the elementary form and massing survive intact together with substantial quantities of the original fabric, both to the exterior and to the interior, thus upholding the character or integrity of a house making a pleasing visual statement in The Shannon.