1700 - 1840
Terraced seven- or eight-bay three-storey over basement house, extant 1840, on a bowed L-shaped plan. Renovated, ----, with openings to ground floor remodelled. Now disused. Replacement pitched artificial slate roof on a bowed L-shaped plan with ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks having stepped capping, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered red brick header bond stepped eaves retaining cast-iron downpipes. Rendered, ruled and lined wall (ground floor) with rendered channelled piers to ends; fine roughcast surface finish (upper floors). Square-headed door opening (east) with threshold, and concealed dressings framing timber panelled door having overlight. Square-headed window openings (upper floors) with sill course (first floor) or sills (top floor), and concealed dressings framing six-over-six timber sash windows. Interior including (upper floors): carved timber surrounds to door openings framing timber panelled doors with carved timber surrounds to window openings framing timber panelled shutters on panelled risers. Street fronted on a corner site with concrete footpath to front.
A house representing an integral component of the mid eighteenth-century built heritage of Enniscorthy with the architectural value of the composition suggested by such attributes as the curvilinear plan form; and the diminishing in scale of the openings on each floor producing a graduated visual impression. Having been reasonably well maintained, the elementary form and massing survive intact together with substantial quantities of the original fabric, both to the exterior and to the interior, thus upholding the character or integrity of a house forming part of a self-contained group alongside an opposing house (see 15603193) with the resulting ensemble making a pleasing visual statement at the intersection of Templeshannon with The Shannon.