1845 - 1850
Detached three-bay two-storey house, dated 1846, on a rectangular plan. Now disused. Pitched slate roof with lichen-covered ridge tiles, concrete or rendered coping to gables with rendered chimney stacks to apexes having concrete capping, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered slate flagged eaves retaining cast-iron downpipe. Rendered, ruled and lined walls. Segmental-headed central door opening with concealed dressings on cut-granite padstones framing glazed timber panelled door having overlight. Square-headed window openings with cut-granite sills, and concealed dressings framing six-over-six timber sash windows having part exposed sash boxes. Interior including (ground floor): central hall retaining carved timber surrounds to door openings framing timber panelled doors; and carved timber surrounds to door openings to remainder framing timber panelled doors with carved timber surrounds to window openings framing timber panelled shutters. Street fronted with concrete footpath to front.
A house representing an integral component of the mid nineteenth-century domestic built heritage of Enniscorthy with the architectural value of the composition, one carrying the initials of a now-unknown builder ("E.D."), suggested by such attributes as the compact rectilinear plan form centred on a featureless doorcase; and the somewhat disproportionate bias of solid to void in the massing compounded by the uniform or near-uniform proportions of the openings on each floor. A period of unoccupancy notwithstanding, the elementary form and massing survive intact together with substantial quantities of the original fabric, both to the exterior and to the interior, thus upholding the character or integrity of a house making a pleasing visual statement in Templeshannon.