1800 - 1839
Semi-detached three-bay two-storey house, extant 1839, on a rectangular plan. Renovated, 2004-5, with interior remodelled. One of a pair. Pitched slate roof with terracotta ridge tiles, red brick Running bond chimney stacks having corbelled stepped capping supporting yellow terracotta tapered pots, and cast-iron rainwater goods retaining cast-iron downpipes. Part creeper- or ivy-covered coursed rubble stone wall to front (east) elevation with rough hewn flush quoins to corners; fine roughcast surface finish (remainder). Square-headed central door opening with cut-granite threshold, and cut-granite lintel framing replacement timber panelled door. Square-headed window openings with cut-granite sills, and cut- or rough hewn granite lintels framing two-over-two timber sash windows having part exposed sash boxes. Set back from line of street with overgrown hedge boundary to perimeter.
A house erected as one of a pair of houses representing an integral component of the domestic built heritage of Bunclody with the architectural value of the composition suggested by such attributes as the compact rectilinear plan form; the somewhat disproportionate bias of solid to void in the massing compounded by the very slight diminishing in scale of the openings on each floor producing a graduated visual impression; and the high pitched roof showing a rough cut small slate finish (cf. 15602052). Having been well maintained, the elementary form and massing survive intact together with substantial quantities of the original fabric, thus upholding the character or integrity of a house making a pleasing visual statement in Church Street.