1700 - 1839
End-of-terrace three-bay two-storey house, extant 1839, on a rectangular plan. One of a terrace of five. Pitched slate roof with crested terracotta ridge tiles, red brick Running bond chimney stacks having corbelled stepped capping supporting terracotta pots, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves retaining cast-iron downpipe. Inscribed flush pointed coursed or snecked rubble stone walls on fish scale-detailed cushion course on rendered plinth with lichen-spotted rendered quoins to corners. Square-headed central door opening with rendered surround including rendered lintel framing timber panelled door having overlight. Square-headed window openings with cut-granite sills, and rendered lintels framing two-over-two timber sash windows having part exposed sash boxes. Set back from line of street with rendered piers to perimeter having shallow pyramidal capping supporting wrought iron gate.
A house erected as one of a terrace of five houses (including 15602051) representing an integral component of the domestic built heritage of Bunclody with the architectural value of the composition suggested by such attributes as the compact rectilinear plan form; the diminishing in scale of the openings on each floor producing a graduated tiered visual effect; and the high pitched roof showing a rough cut small slate finish (cf. 15602058). Having been well maintained, the elementary form and massing survive intact together with substantial quantities of the original fabric, both to the exterior and to the restrained interior, thus upholding the character or integrity of a house making a pleasing visual statement in Church Street.