1890 - 1910
Terraced three-bay two-storey house, c.1900, possibly originally with square-headed carriageway to right ground floor. Renovated, c.1975, with most openings remodelled. Pitched (shared) slate roof with terracotta ridge tiles, red brick Running bond chimney stacks having stringcourses, profiled (stepped) capping, rendered coping to party wall, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves having iron brackets. Rendered, ruled and lined walls. Square-headed window openings (one in tripartite arrangement; remainder remodelled, c.1975, with some possibly retaining original profile) with concrete sills, and one-over-one timber sash windows having one-over-one sidelights to tripartite opening with replacement timber casement windows, c.1975, to remodelled openings having louvered timber panelled false external shutters. Profiled door opening with three cut-granite steps, archivolt on cut-granite springers having fluted keystone, and timber panelled door having overlight. Interior retaining cast-iron chimneypieces. Street fronted.
Following a number of unsympathetic alteration works resulting in the obliteration of much of the elementary composition, a modest-scale house remains of primary significance for visual impact made in the street scene by a distinctive doorcase retaining the original fittings.