1935 - 1940
MAUDLINTOWN (FO. BY.)
Terraced two-bay two-storey house, built 1938, on a rectangular plan; two-bay two-storey rear (west) elevation. Pitched profiled concrete tile roof with concrete ridge tiles, rendered chimney stack (north) having concrete capping supporting terracotta pots, and replacement uPVC rainwater goods on timber box eaves. Rendered, ruled and lined wall (ground floor) with rendered "bas-relief" stringcourse; gritdashed roughcast surface finish (first floor). Square-headed door opening (south) with step threshold, and moulded surround on padstones framing replacement glazed uPVC panelled door. Square-headed window opening (first floor) with concrete sill, and concealed dressings framing two-over-two timber sash window. Square-headed window openings in bipartite arrangement (north) with concrete sills, timber mullions, and concealed dressings framing one-over-one timber sash windows. Street fronted with concrete footpath to front.
A house representing an integral component of the twentieth-century domestic built heritage of Wexford with the architectural value of the composition suggested by such attributes as the compact plan form; and the slightly diminishing in scale of the bipartite openings on each floor producing a graduated visual impression. Having been well maintained, the elementary form and massing survive intact together with substantial quantities of the original fabric, thus upholding the character or integrity of a house making a pleasing, if largely inconspicuous visual statement in The Faythe.