1860 - 1865
TOWNPARKS (ST. MICHAEL'SOF FEAGH PR.)
End-of-terrace three-bay two-storey house with dormer attic, built 1864, on a rectangular plan; two-bay two-storey rear (east) elevation. Now disused. Pitched fibre-cement slate roof with clay ridge tiles, concrete or rendered coping to gables with rendered chimney stacks to apexes having stringcourses below capping supporting terracotta or yellow terracotta pots, off-central rooflight to front (west) pitch, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered red brick header bond eaves retaining cast-iron downpipes. Roughcast battered wall to front (west) elevation bellcast over rendered plinth; rendered surface finish (south); lime rendered surface finish to rear (east) elevation. Square-headed central door opening with concealed dressings framing replacement glazed timber panelled door. Square-headed window openings with cut-granite sills, and concealed dressings framing one-over-one (ground floor) or two-over-one (first floor) timber sash windows. Paired square-headed window openings (south) with shallow sills, and concealed dressings framing one-over-one timber sash windows. Square-headed window openings to rear (east) elevation with cut-granite sills, and concealed dressings framing one-over-one timber sash windows. Street fronted on a corner site with concrete footpath to front.
A house representing an integral component of the mid nineteenth-century domestic built heritage of Wexford with the architectural value of the composition suggested by such attributes as the compact rectilinear plan form; the battered silhouette; the uniform or near-uniform proportions of the openings on each floor; and the high pitched roofline. A prolonged period of unoccupancy notwithstanding, the elementary form and massing survive intact together with substantial quantities of the original fabric, thus upholding the character or integrity of a house making a pleasing visual statement in The Faythe.