1875 - 1885
Terraced two-bay two-storey house, built 1880. One of a group of thirteen. Pitched (shared) slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered (shared) chimney stacks having cornice capping supporting yellow terracotta octagonal pots, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves having iron ties. Rendered, ruled and lined walls. Square-headed window openings (in square-headed shutter recess to ground floor) with cut-stone sills, moulded rendered surrounds, and one-over-one timber sash windows having louvered timber shutters to ground floor. Square-headed door opening with moulded rendered surround, and replacement timber panelled door, pre-1992, having overlight. Set back from line of street with random rubble stone boundary wall to forecourt having rubble stone vertical coping, red brick piers having pyramidal capping, and iron gate [VO].
An amiable small-scale house built as one of a group of thirteen identical units (including 15505033) making a positive visual statement in Clifford Street. Individual attributes including the shutter recess representing a characteristic of Wexford Town, the rendered accents producing a muted Classical theme, and so on, all identify the modest architectural design aspirations of the composition. Having been well maintained, the house remains as one of the last in the group to present an early aspect with most of the historic or original fabric surviving in place, thus upholding some of the character or integrity of the collective ensemble in the street scene.