1700 - 1840
Semi-detached two-bay two-storey house with dormer attic, extant 1840, on a square plan. Renovated, ----. One of a pair. Pitched fibre-cement slate roof centred on flat roof to window opening to dormer attic, clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stack having corbelled stepped capping supporting yellow terracotta pots, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves retaining cast-iron downpipes. Roughcast battered wall to front (north) elevation with inscribed rendered pier to end; roughcast surface finish (remainder) originally slate hung. Segmental-headed door opening (west) with two steps, and concealed dressings having splayed reveals framing replacement timber panelled door having overlight. Square-headed window opening in shared square-headed recess (first floor) with cut-granite sill, and concealed dressings framing replacement aluminium casement window replacing four-over-four timber sash window. Square-headed window openings (east) with cut-granite sills, and concealed dressings framing replacement aluminium casement windows replacing eight-over-eight timber sash windows. Street fronted with concrete footpath to front.
A house erected as one of a pair of houses (including 15505021) representing an important component of the domestic built heritage of Wexford with the architectural value of the collective composition suggested by such attributes as the compact plan form centred on coupled doorcases; the slight diminishing in scale of the openings on each floor producing a feint graduated visual impression; and the high pitched roofline. Having been well maintained, the elementary form and massing survive intact together with quantities of the original fabric, both to the exterior and to the interior: however, the introduction of replacement fittings to most of the openings has not had a beneficial impact on the character or integrity of a house forming part of a self-contained ensemble making a pleasing visual statement in Peter Street.