1790 - 1810
Attached two-bay (three-bay deep) three-storey single-cell hipped gable-fronted malthouse with half-attic, c.1800, probably originally detached. Reroofed, c.1975. Now disused. Hipped gabled roof with replacement corrugated-iron, c.1975, iron ridges, and cast-iron rainwater goods on timber eaves board over red brick header bond construction. Semi-coursed random rubble stone walls with squared rubble stone quoins to corners to ground floor rising into red brick quoins to corners to upper floors, iron tie bars, and sections of red brick irregular bond construction to side elevations. Square-headed window openings in camber-headed recesses with no sills, red brick block-and-start surrounds, and fixed-pane timber fittings having iron bars. Square-headed door opening with stone-flagged step, red brick block-and-start surround, and tongue-and-groove timber panelled half-door. Street fronted with concrete footpath to front.
A modest-scale malthouse representing the nucleus of a self-contained ensemble (with 15505018, 115 - 116) forming an important element of the built heritage of Wexford Town having supported the commercial or industrial activities of the locality since the early to mid nineteenth century. Although no longer in permanent use, the malthouse has been reasonably well maintained to present an early aspect, thereby making a positive contribution to the character of the street scene in Peter Street (Gibson Street).