1830 - 1835
Ballast bank, built 1831, on a bowed rectangular plan. Repaired, 1850. Now disused. Set in Wexford Harbour.
A ballast bank representing an important component of the early nineteenth-century built heritage of Wexford. NOTE: Erected as a depot for ballast, essential for the stability of ships entering or leaving Wexford Harbour without cargo, the rates for ballast were recorded in "The Shipowner's and Shipmaster's Directory to The Port Charges at the Various Places for Loading and Discharging Vessels in Great Britain and Ireland" (1843) as 1s. per ton or 2d. per ton discharged.