1820 - 1825
Detached seven-bay single- and two-storey school house, built 1824, on a symmetrical T-shaped plan centred on single-bay two-storey breakfront with three-bay single-storey recessed wings. Occupied, 1901. Vacant, 1911. Closed, 1965. Adapted to alternative use, 1977. Hipped fibre-cement slate roof; hipped fibre-cement slate roofs (wings), terracotta ridge tiles, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves retaining cast-iron downpipes. Rendered walls bellcast over rendered plinth. Elliptical- or round-headed door openings with concealed dressings framing timber panelled doors having overlights. Elliptical- or round-headed window openings with cut-granite sills, and concealed dressings framing eight-over-eight timber sash windows having interlocking Y-tracery glazing bars. Set in own grounds.
A school house representing an important component of the early nineteenth-century built heritage of Wexford with the architectural value of the composition, 'a neat building consisting of a centre and two wings…supported by the trustees of Erasmus Smith's charity and by voluntary contributions' (Lewis 1837 II, 711), suggested by such attributes as the symmetrical plan form; and the "arcaded" openings showing Churchwarden glazing patterns.