1740 - 1760
Attached three-bay three-storey house with dormer attic, c.1750. Refenestrated, c.1900. Renovated, c.1975, with openings to ground floor remodelled to accommodate continued commercial use. Disused, 2006. Hipped and pitched slate roof part behind parapet with clay ridge ties, chimney stack(s) not visible, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered stepped eaves having iron ties. Rendered, ruled and lined walls over red brick irregular bond construction with rendered channelled piers to ends. Square-headed window openings with cut-stone sills, and replacement two-over-two timber sash windows, c.1900. Square-headed openings to ground floor remodelled, c.1975, in symmetrical arrangement with fixed-pane timber display window having supporting pillar behind, glazed timber door, timber panelled door to house on cut-granite step, and fascia retaining cornice. Interior with carved timber surrounds to door openings having timber panelled doors, timber staircase with turned timber balustrade supporting carved timber handrail, corner fireplaces having replacement cast-iron chimneypieces, c.1900, and carved timber lugged surrounds to window openings having no shutters. Street fronted with concrete footpath to front.
Occupying a prominent position at the closing in on one of the narrowest points of Main Street North, an amiable house of modest to middle size exhibiting unassuming architectural design aspirations represents an important element of the mid eighteenth-century built heritage of Wexford Town. Although subject to a number of alteration works at street level, elsewhere the original composition attributes survive in place together with most of the historic fabric, both to the exterior and to the interior, thus maintaining the positive impression made on the aesthetic value or character of the street scene.