1842 - 1903
Terraced three-bay three-storey house, extant 1903, on a rectangular plan. Renovated, ----, with replacement shopfront inserted to ground floor. Pitched slate roof behind parapet with clay ridge tiles, cut-granite coping to gables with red brick Running bond chimney stacks to apexes having stepped capping supporting terracotta or yellow terracotta pots, and concealed rainwater goods retaining cast-iron octagonal or ogee hopper and downpipe. Replacement rendered, ruled and lined wall to front (east) elevation with concealed cut-granite flush piers or quoins to corners supporting rendered red brick header bond cornice having cut-granite coping; rendered, ruled and lined surface finish (remainder). Camber- or segmental-headed window openings (upper floors) with cut-granite sills, and concealed red brick voussoirs framing one-over-one (first floor) or two-over-two (top floor) timber sash windows. Interior including (upper floors): run moulded plasterwork cornices to ceilings. Street fronted with concrete brick cobbled footpath to front.
A house representing an integral component of the nineteenth-century built heritage of Wexford with the architectural value of the composition suggested by such attributes as the compact rectilinear plan form; the diminishing in scale of the "swept" openings on each floor producing a graduated visual impression; and the parapeted roofline. Although recently much modified at street level, the elementary form and massing survive intact overhead together with substantial quantities of the original fabric, both to the exterior and to the interior where sleek plasterwork refinements highlight the modest artistic potential of a house making a pleasing visual statement in Main Street North.