1815 - 1835
Terraced two-bay four-storey house, c.1825. Renovated, pre-1996, with replacement shopfront inserted to ground floor. Refenestrated, 2005. One of a pair. Pitched (shared) slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered (shared) chimney stacks having profiled capping supporting yellow terracotta pots, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered stepped eaves having iron ties. Rendered, ruled and lined walls. Square-headed window openings with cut-stone sills, and replacement uPVC casement windows, 2005 (replacing six-over-six and three-over-three (top floor) timber sash windows). Replacement timber shopfront, pre-1996, to ground floor with pilasters, fixed-pane (two-light) display window, glazed timber door having overlight, fascia having consoles, and stepped cornice. Interior with remains of timber panelled reveals or shutters to window openings. Street fronted with concrete footpath to front.
Making a prominent visual statement in the streetscape, a well appointed house of the middle size represents one of an identical pair (with 15503067) identified by attributes including the vertical emphasis of the massing rising above the flanking ranges in Main Street South, the diminishing in scale of the openings on each floor in the Classical manner producing an elegant tiered visual effect, and so on. However, while the retention of most of the original composition qualities maintains some of the integrity of the collective ensemble, the character or external expression of the house has not benefited from a comprehensive renovation programme involving the introduction of replacement fittings to the openings.