1700 - 1840
Attached single-bay three-storey house, extant 1840, on a rectangular plan originally terraced. Reroofed, ----. Replacement pitched artificial slate roof with ridge tiles, coping to gables including coping to gable (east) with red brick Running bond chimney stack to apex having corbelled stepped capping supporting terracotta pots, and uPVC rainwater goods on rendered eaves. Roughcast walls bellcast over rendered plinth. Segmental-headed door opening (west) with cut-granite step threshold, and concealed dressings framing timber panelled door having overlight. Square-headed window openings with cut-granite sills, and concealed dressings framing six-over-six timber sash windows. Street fronted with concrete footpath to front.
A house representing an integral component of the domestic built heritage of Wexford with the architectural value of the composition suggested by such attributes as the compact plan form; and the diminishing in scale of the openings on each floor producing a graduated visual impression. Having been well maintained, the elementary form and massing survive intact together with quantities of the original fabric, thus upholding the character or integrity of a house making a pleasing visual statement in Allen Street.