1700 - 1840
End-of-terrace two-bay four-storey house, extant 1840, on a rectangular plan; two-bay four-storey rear (east) elevation. Renovated, 2005, with replacement shopfront inserted to ground floor. Hipped slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered buttressed chimney stacks (south) having stringcourses below capping, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered red brick header bond stepped eaves having consoles retaining cast-iron ogee hopper and downpipe. Rendered, ruled and lined walls. Square-headed window openings (upper floors) with cut-granite sills, and concealed dressings framing replacement uPVC casement windows replacing six-over-six or three-over-three (top floor) timber sash windows. Street fronted with concrete footpath to front.
A house representing an integral component of the built heritage of Wexford with the architectural value of the composition suggested by such attributes as the compact rectilinear plan form; and the diminishing in scale of the openings on each floor producing a graduated visual impression: however, a comprehensive renovation programme involving the substitution of much of the original fabric has not had a beneficial impact on the external expression or integrity of a house forming part of an unofficial pair alongside an opposing house (see 15503058) with the resulting ensemble framing the vista through Main Street South.