1700 - 1840
Terraced two-bay three-storey over basement house with dormer attic, extant 1840, on a rectangular plan with shopfront to ground floor. One of a pair. Pitched slate roof with clay ridge tiles, sneck-marked rendered red brick Running bond chimney stack having concrete capping supporting yellow terracotta pots, and replacement uPVC rainwater goods on rendered red brick header bond stepped eaves. Rendered, ruled and lined walls. Shopfront to ground floor on a symmetrical plan centred on glazed timber panelled double doors. Square-headed window openings (upper floors) with cut-granite sills, and concealed dressings framing six-over-six timber sash windows without horns (first floor) or replacement uPVC casement windows (top floor) replacing three-over-six timber sash windows. Street fronted on a corner site with concrete footpath to front.
A house erected as one of a pair of houses (see 15503052) representing an integral component of the domestic built heritage of Wexford with the architectural value of the composition suggested by such attributes as the compact rectilinear plan form; and the diminishing in scale of the openings on each floor producing a graduated visual impression.