1890 - 1910
Terraced three-bay three-storey house, c.1900. Renovated, pre-1993, with replacement shopfront inserted to ground floor. Pitched slate roof with clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stack, rendered coping, and iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves having iron brackets. Rendered, ruled and lined walls. Square-headed window openings with cut-stone sills, and two-over-two timber sash windows. Replacement timber shopfront, pre-1993, to ground floor on polished granite plinth with panelled (hollow) pilasters, fixed-pane display window having overlights, glazed timber double sliding doors having overlights, timber panelled door to house on step having overlight, fascia having gabled diamond-pointed panelled consoles, and moulded cornice. Street fronted with concrete brick cobbled footpath to front.
A pleasantly appointed house of modest to middle size identified in the street scene by attributes including the vertical thrust of the massing rising over the flanking ranges in the street, the slight diminishing in scale of the openings on each floor in the Classical manner, the sparse surface articulation, and so on. Having been well maintained, the house continues to express an early aspect with substantial quantities of the historic or original fabric surviving in place, thus upholding the positive contribution made to the streetscape aesthetic of Common Quay Street. The house remains of some potential additional interest as the reputed site of the first motor garage in Wexford Town.