1865 - 1885
Terraced four-bay two-storey house, c.1875, possibly incorporating fabric of earlier range, pre-1840, on site with pair of shopfronts to ground floor, and square-headed carriageway to left ground floor. Now entirely in commercial use. Pitched slate roof with clay ridge tiles, no chimney stacks, and iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves having iron brackets. Rendered, ruled and lined walls with rendered quoins to ends. Square-headed window openings with cut-stone sills, and two-over-two timber sash windows. Pair of timber shopfronts to ground floor with panelled (hollow) pilasters on cut-stone padstones, fixed-pane display windows on panelled risers, glazed timber doors having overlights (one on clay-tiled threshold), shared fascia having panelled (hollow) consoles, and moulded cornice. Square-headed carriageway to left ground floor with moulded surround on cut-stone padstones having keystone, panelled (hollow) inner piers, and replacement tongue-and-groove timber panelled double doors, 2004/5. Street fronted with concrete footpath to front.
A pleasant house of modest size retaining the original form and massing together with substantial quantities of the historic fabric including traditional Irish shopfronts of artistic design interest displaying good quality traditional carpentry or craftsmanship. Making a positive contribution to the streetscape value of Common Quay Street, the house remains an important element of the mid to late nineteenth-century built heritage of Wexford Town.