Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1950 - 1955
Terraced two-bay two-storey local authority house, built 1953, on a rectangular plan. One of a terrace of six forming part of a group of twenty-four. Pitched profiled concrete tile roof with concrete ridge tiles, rendered chimney stack having concrete capping supporting terracotta pots, and cast-iron rainwater goods on timber box eaves retaining cast-iron downpipe. Part creeper- or ivy-covered roughcast walls on rendered chamfered base. Square-headed door opening (north) with concrete threshold, and concealed dressings with "Cavetto"-detailed canopy on beaded consoles framing glazed timber panelled door. Square-headed window openings with concrete sills, and concealed dressings framing timber casement windows. Set back from street on a slightly elevated site with roughcast piers to perimeter having concrete capping supporting iron gate.
A house erected as one of a group of twenty-four houses (including 15502086) representing an integral component of the mid twentieth-century built heritage of Wexford (cf. 15502099; 15502114). Having been well maintained, the elementary form and massing survive intact together with substantial quantities of the original fabric, thus upholding the character or integrity of a house forming part of a self-contained ensemble making a pleasing visual statement in Davitt Road North.