1800 - 1820
Detached three-bay two-storey house, built c.1815. Hipped natural slate roof with projecting eaves course and two rendered chimneystacks to centre with ashlar coping over. Roughcast rendered walls over smooth rendered plinth with projecting quoins to corners. Square-headed window openings with cut stone sills and replacement timber casement windows. Central round-headed doorcase with cut stone architraved surround with keystone over and a replacement door with spoke fanlight over. Wrought-iron gates to either end giving access to rear. Road-fronted overlooking The Crescent, Tyrrellspass.
An appealing early nineteenth-century house of pleasing proportions, which retains its early form and character despite the recent loss of the original fittings. The fine doorcase is an interesting feature of artistic merit and it stands out nicely against the otherwise blank front facade. This structure is one of a number of similarly detailed houses surrounding The Crescent, built under the patronage of Jane, Countess of Belvedere between c.1810-1825. A survey of 1818 records that the houses surrounding The Crescent were leased from the Belvedere Estate by the Paine, Hall, Jones, and Parkinson families and that an individual, Richard Sommers, leased a number of properties here. The good wrought-iron gates to the north and south ends completes the setting.