1810 - 1820
Detached three-bay two-storey house, built c.1815. Later in use as a dispensary (c.1835-1915). Now in use as a private house. Hipped natural slate roof with projecting eaves course, cast-iron rainwater goods and two rendered chimneystacks to centre with ashlar coping over. Roughcast rendered walls over smooth rendered plinth with projecting quoins to corners. Square-headed window openings with cut stone sills and six-over-six pane timber sliding sash windows to ground floor and three-over-six pane timber sash windows to first floor openings. Central round-headed doorcase with cut stone architraved surround with keystone over and a timber door with spoke fanlight over. Single cut stone step to front and wrought-iron gates to either end giving access to rear. Road-fronted overlooking The Crescent, Tyrrellspass.
An appealing early nineteenth-century house of pleasant proportions, which retains its early form and much of its early fabric. The fine doorcase is an interesting feature of artistic merit and it stands out nicely against the otherwise blank façade. This structure is one of a number of similarly detailed houses surrounding The Crescent, built under the patronage of Jane, Countess of Belvedere between c.1810-1825. A survey of 1818 records that the houses surrounding The Crescent were leased from the Belvedere Estate by the Paine, Hall, Jones, and Parkinson families and that an individual, Richard Sommers, leased a number of properties here. The good wrought-iron gates to the north and south ends completes the setting.