Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1780 - 1820
Semi-detached three-bay two-storey house, built c.1800. One of a pair with the building to the west. Now vacant. Pitched natural slate roof with rendered chimneystacks (chimneystack to west aligned along ridge) and cast-iron rainwater goods. Smooth rendered to ground floor and pebbledashed to first floor, rendered quoins to eastern corner. Square-headed window openings with cut stone sills and six-over-six pane timber sliding sash windows. Round-headed door opening to western-most bay with simple carved stone door surround with scrolled keystone and plain fanlight over. Road-fronted facing onto Market Square.
An appealing house which forms an attractive pair with its neighbour to the west (15321023). It is elegantly proportioned and retains original features such as the slate roof and timber sash windows. The chimneystack running along the ridge is an interesting feature, possibly indicating an earlier date. This building is an important component of the streetscape, occupying a prominent position overlooking the Market Square.