Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Social

Original Use


In Use As

Public house


1830 - 1850


243407, 252921

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced three-bay three-storey house, built c.1840, having a canted bay/oriel window opening, added c.1890, to the west end at first and second floor level. Now in use as public house and retail outlet. Pitched artificial slate roof with sprocketed eaves and two rendered chimneystacks. Hipped slate roof over canted bay/oriel window with clay tiles hung between window openings (first and second floor). Smooth rendered walls with square-headed window openings having one-over-one pane timber sliding sash windows. Square-headed window and door openings (with plain overlights) to the ground floor having simple modern timber fascia board over. Road-fronted to the north side of Dominick Street and towards the west end of Mullingar Town centre.


A simple mid nineteenth-century building, which retains its early character and form. This building is distinguished by the later-nineteenth century canted bay oriel window, which helps to enliven this otherwise simple urban building. This structure is a worthy addition to the built heritage of Mullingar, adding a historic veneer to the west end of Dominick Street.