Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Social

Original Use


In Use As

Public house


1880 - 1900


243447, 252939

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced two-bay four-storey house, built c.1890, having a modern replica ‘traditional’ shopfront to the ground floor. Originally paired with the building to the east (15310213), now in separate ownership and amalgamated with the building adjacent to the west (not in survey). Roof hidden behind raised rendered parapet with a shared moulded rendered chimneystack with terracotta pots over to the east end (with 14310213). Ruled-and-line rendered walls with raised quoins to the west corner. Square-headed window openings having replacement windows and with block-and-start surrounds to the first floor openings with rendered cornices above. Square-headed openings to shopfront at ground floor level with modern ‘traditional’ timber shopfront to the ground floor, running across building adjacent to the west. Road-fronted to the north side of Dominick Street and towards the west end of Mullingar Town centre.


An imposing and substantial building of late nineteenth-century appearance, which retains its early form and character despite recent alterations. The applied rendered ornament to the first floor openings enlivens the front façade and gives this building a subdued classical flavour. It forms part of a pair of related structures with the building adjacent to the east (15310213), which together make a positive contribution to the streetscape towards the west end of Mullingar Town centre.