Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Social

Original Use


In Use As

Shop/retail outlet


1880 - 1900


243451, 252943

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced three-bay four-storey house, c.1890, having a modern shopfront to the ground floor and a square-headed carriage arch to the east end of the main façade (south). Originally paired with the building to the west (15310214), now in separate ownership. Roof hidden behind raised rendered parapet with a shared moulded rendered chimneystack with terracotta pots over to the west end (with 14310214). Cast-iron rainwater goods. Ruled-and-line rendered walls with raised quoins to the east corner. Square-headed window openings having replacement windows and with block-and-start surrounds to the first floor openings with rendered cornices above. Square-headed openings to shopfront at ground floor level. Road-fronted to the north side of Dominick Street and towards the west end of Mullingar Town centre.


An imposing and substantial building of late nineteenth-century appearance, which retains its early form and character despite recent alterations. The applied rendered ornament to the first floor openings enlivens the front façade and gives this building a subdued classical flavour. It forms part of a pair of related structures with the building adjacent to the west (15310214), which together make a positive contribution to the streetscape towards the west end of Mullingar Town centre.