Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic Social

Original Use


In Use As

Shop/retail outlet


1840 - 1860


243488, 252958

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced five-bay three-storey house, built c.1850, having two shopfronts to the ground floor incorporating fabric from an earlier shopfront. Now also in use as offices. Pitched artificial slate roof, recently re-roofed, with a raised verge to the west gable end. Built of rubble limestone with brick dressings to the openings, originally rendered, having raised 'belt-buckle'-style quoins to the corners. Square-headed window openings with replacement fittings. Central segmental-headed doorcase having rendered reveals, timber panelled door, plain overlight and with a timber doorcase comprising bracketed timber pilasters supporting a moulded timber cornice/lintel over. Modern shopfront to either side incorporating early carved timber brackets from early shopfront, recently removed. Road-fronted to the north side of Dominick Street.


A substantial and well-proportioned mid nineteenth-century, which retains some of its early form and a good quality timber bracketed doorcase. This building has been heavily altered in recent years and this has eroded much of its historic character and fabric, including its early roof, fittings to the openings and the original rendered finish to the upper floors. The shopfront to the ground floor retains some good quality carved timber elements from a good quality traditional shopfront, now largely replaced with a replica traditional shopfront.