Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Social

Original Use


In Use As

Shop/retail outlet


1740 - 1760


243643, 253006

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced four-bay three-storey house, built c.1750, having a modern replica 'traditional' shopfront to the ground floor. Steeply pitched natural slate roof with a shared chimneystack to the east end, set behind roof ridge, and a moulded eaves course. Ruled-and-line rendered walls with square-headed window openings having plain rendered surrounds and replacement windows. Road-fronted to the north side of Oliver Plunkett Street.


A large mid-eighteenth century house, which retains its early form and character despite alterations over the years. This building is an important legacy of the early town and is one of the earliest buildings still extant in Mullingar. This building forms the central element of three buildings of a similar date (along with 15310200 to the east and 15310201 to the west), which together add an important early historic character to the north side of Oliver Plunkett Street. The curious rhythm of the fenestration on the top floor suggests that this building may have been built as two separate houses, later joined. The window openings are larger than would be expected for a mid-eighteenth century building, indicating that they were enlarged at a later date. Despite alterations over the years, this building remains an important element of the architectural heritage of Mullingar.