Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1860 - 1880
Mid-terrace two-bay two-story house, built c.1870. One of a uniform terrace of three with the buildings to either side (15310178 and 15310180). Shared pitched natural slate roof having shared rendered chimneystacks to either end and cast-iron rainwater goods. Ruled-and-line rendered walls over projecting plinth. Square-headed window openings with one-one-over pane timber sliding sash windows. Segmental-headed doorway with architrave to the west end of the front façade (north) having timber door with herringbone pattern, plain glass overlight and carved fluted timber brackets supporting a carved timber lintel over. Set slightly back from road with small garden to the front (north) bounded by cast-iron posts and railings. Located to the south side of Bishop's Gate Street.
A plainly detailed mid-to-late nineteenth-century house, which retains its early character and form. This building is the best preserved example in a good quality terrace of three buildings, which together make a positive contribution to the streetscape. This building is enlivened by the retention of a good quality timber doorcase having an unusual herringbone pattern to the door. The cast-iron railings and posts to the front add additional merit and add incident to the streetscape. This building makes a positive contribution to Bishop's Gate Street, forming part of a varied collection of mid-to-late nineteenth-century houses along the south side of this street.