Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Original Use


In Use As



1920 - 1940


243475, 253056

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Detached three-bay two-storey house, built c.1930, having an advanced single-bay projection with canted bay window to the west side of the main fa├žade and a shallow single-bay projection to the centre of the front facade, creating a stepped plan. Hipped natural slate roofs with wide overhanging eaves, some remaining cast-iron rainwater goods and with two rendered chimneystacks. Smooth rendered walls to the ground floor with roughcast rendered finish over to the first floor. Square-headed window openings with timber casement windows, paired openings to the first floor, having multipane toplights. Moulded rendered cornices over ground floor openings. Inset/recessed square-headed doorcase to the central bay having a glazed timber panelled door with glazed surrounds having decorative leaded coloured glass. Set back from road at a prominent corner site. Pebbledashed boundary wall. Entrance gates to the north side of boundary wall comprising a pair of rendered gate piers on square-plan supporting a timber gate. Located to the north side of Mullingar Town centre and to the south of Mullingar Cathedral (15310166).


A substantial detached early twentieth-century house, which retains its early form and character. Prominently sited, this building makes a strong positive contribution to the streetscape of Mullingar. This building is distinguished by the good quality doorcase and by the retention of the multipane timber casement windows. It is of a type that is unusual in Westmeath and its adds variety to the predominately ecclesiastical and institutional character of the buildings to the north end of Mullingar.