Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1870 - 1890
Terraced three-bay three-storey retail building, built c.1880, having a modern shopfront to the ground floor. Now in use as restaurant. Pitched artificial slate roof having a projecting moulded brick eaves course and a red brick chimneystack to either gable end (east and west). Constructed of red brick with yellow brick detailing to window lintels. Square-headed window openings with replacement windows. Modern timber shopfront to the ground floor having square-headed openings. Located to the south side of Oliver Plunkett Street.
A typical late nineteenth-century commercial building, which retains its early form and character despite alterations to the window openings and to the ground floor in recent years. The façade of this building is enlivened by the use of red brick with extensive yellow brick detail, which creates an interesting appearance. This building, although now altered, makes a positive contribution to the streetscape towards the centre of Mullingar.