Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1800 - 1840
End-of-terrace three-bay two-storey vernacular house, built c.1820. Pitched artificial slate roof with rendered chimneystacks, terracotta chimney pots and cast-iron rainwater goods. Roughcast rendered walls. Square-headed window openings with cut stone sills and two-over-two pane timber sliding sash windows, larger in size to ground floor. Square-headed doorcase with replacement timber door. Set on road-frontage with extensive yard to rear.
An attractive modest-scale vernacular house which retains much of its original form and character, as well as great deal of its original fabric. This structure may have been thatched until the roof was replaced with artificial slate c. 1950. This house is an attractive feature in the centre of the village, and contributes to the historic character of the area.