Survey Data

Reg No

15000259


Rating

Local


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic


Original Use

House


In Use As

House


Date

1880 - 1900


Coordinates

203810, 241266


Date Recorded

06/09/2004


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Terraced two-bay two-storey house, built c.1890. Pitched slate roof with a (shared) rendered chimneystack with red-brick detailing to the north end. Constructed of red brick with yellow brick flush plat band and voussoirs above first floor windows and a rendered plinth to the base. Paired segmental-headed window to ground floor, separated by cast-iron mullion with a decorative lintel over. Square-headed window openings to first floor, all now with replacement windows. Segmental-headed doorway to the south end having a glazed timber panelled door with overlight and a decorative lintel above. Road-fronted

Appraisal

An attractive late nineteenth-century house, which retains its original form and character. This house displays some decorative invention using basic materials, such as the use of two-tone brick and the cast-iron columns to the ground floor windows. It represents one of the best surviving examples along a terrace of ten properties and is an important component of the streetscape.